[Bf-funboard] Just out of interest: DEL and C

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Tue Mar 20 02:12:22 CET 2007

Hello,

I have been struggling with this forever since I use Blender, and as soon as
it became open source, I remapped these keys - now out of curiosity, I would
just like to know how others feel about it - not proposing to change it at
all.

For me, one of the MOST USED keystrokes in Blender is Numpad DEL (zoom on
current object). However, it is at the same time the most awkward to reach
(I have to leave the mouse, use the right hand to press DEL, and get back to
the mouse).

For this reason, I have re-mapped a keystroke that I *NEVER* use (C - centre
on cursor) to this function. C is always near my left hand and always
reachable.

This has at the same time a different benefit: Another very common keystroke
for me is SHIFT-C (Centre on whole scene) - which now turns into a logical
"counterpart" to the remapped C.

Are there any others who feel like this?