[Bf-funboard] Layer manager proposal

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefactory.org
Sat Mar 10 00:57:28 CET 2007

Hi , just some notes about the proposal- I think naming, and more than
20 layers, and a layer manager view are all good ideas.
I don't think per layer locking and per layer renderability are workable
in blender unless a lot of other things are changed or examined too -
and it might not be worth the benefits.
This is just my opinion, but I think it better to enhance access to the
per object lock/render features, than to add those to the layers.
(remember, you still have renderlayers, which is much more flexible than
per layer render features- and we can have multiple objects per layer)
But this is a good proposal, if only  to give Alexander an ego
boost/chance to remind us about the layer manager in instinctive.
cheerio!