[Bf-funboard] keys and markers- simple proposal

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat Mar 10 00:37:43 CET 2007

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Bassam Kurdali wrote:

> In 2.43, markers are available in the action, IPO and NLA window. This
> is good.
>
> 	However, upon (for instance) hitting the delete key, we now have a new
> pop-up choice: delete keys or markers. we also have new hotkeys (ctrl G)
> and (ctrl shift D) to move and duplicate markers. This is all bad (IMO)-
> complication and slowness- and not consistent either (why not a popup
> for duplication? why not a new hotkey for deleting markers?)
>
> 	Why not treat markers and keys as "entities" in these windows? then
> selecting a key de-selects a marker, etc. (unless you hit shift) and G,
> shift-D and X etc will just work on the selection. this adds the bonus
> of being able to move keys and markers together if they are associated.

Of course, your point is perfect. It is especially annoying since these
popups even appear if there is no choice and only one type of "thing" is
selected. And yes, treating both markers and keys as generic "entities" to
move/delete sounds very reasonable.

Additionally, there is some inconsistency with how markers are selected.
Currently, rightmouse-clicking a marker *toggles* the selection. That is not
the case anywhere else in the UI.