[Bf-funboard] Freestyle into Blender: Howto?

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Thu Mar 8 21:51:19 CET 2007

On 09/03/2007, at 12:08 AM, Michael Crawford wrote:

> On Mar 8, 2007, at 2:20 AM, Stéphane Grabli wrote:
>
>> In short: How should a contour-line renderer be integrated
>> to Blender?
>
> Well.  I think the compositing node was a really bad idea

However, even if freestyle doesn't work as a post process, it would
still be great to have various render pass outputs to the compositor
via the render result node, so you can tweak it later. This is
already the case with Blender's current 'edge' output.

Throwing another idea out there: What if freestyle was integrated as
another material type? It could be done in a similar way to how Halo
works. That way it would be much easier to integrate both line
rendered and non-line rendered imagery in the one shot.

Matt

Matt Ebb . matt at mke3.net . http://mke3.net