[Bf-funboard] Layer manager proposal

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat Mar 3 14:52:31 CET 2007

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, trip somewhere wrote:

> Alex, would you like to try and build it again as a patch for current
> CVS ? Maybe a diving platform for Doug or others?
> Maybe the powers that be have softened ?

Honestly, I don't think that would make a lot of sense, and well, it would
also take a lot of time which I currently don't feel I have...

Anyway, the source is lying around, and I guess it would still be reasonably
easy for someone else to incorporate it into current CVS... all layer- and
selection-related stuff hasn't changed a lot...

What I mainly wanted to point out is this "yeah, this is nice, but we will
surely come up with something nicer" business. If it had been incorporated
back when it was coded, it would've been a simple cvs commit. Now, it would
be half of hell. I file it under "archive" now - I just want to point at it
as a random rant so people notice that maybe sometimes, it's better to take
the 98% perfect solution even though there might be someone who might come
up with a 99% perfect solution sometime in the future.