[Bf-funboard] 2 versions of Blender

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Fri Jun 15 02:11:04 CEST 2007

<snip>
   Blender g,y and e (extrude) crashes FC6
</snip>
Crashes seem to have been incorrect voltage video card.
Using the on board video of the  intel MB crashes were far reduced.
MB uses i860 intel video driver according to xorg.conf

I now have fresh install FC6 on a new sata drive.
yum installed Blender which gave me blender 2.43

2.43 operates well, quite stable. No more frequent crashes however I need the
mirror and a couple of other functions of later Blender version 2.44 and beyond
Yum installed blender 2.43 into /usr/

Can I have 2 separate versions of Blender operating on FC6 without overwriting
the yum installation.

TIA
Roger