[Bf-funboard] Where & Why

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Sun Jan 28 01:00:26 CET 2007

Roger wrote:
> system Info reports
> <WARNING>:
> Where can I get these please.

These modules are part of default Python installs. For Win we ship the
needed modules together with Blender, but for other platforms we require
Python to be installed if you want all bundled scripts to work.

> FAQ in the Readme.html ??--  No such thing exists in the download.,
> where is it please.

The readme file should come with Blender, as mentioned in the message.
It's in the release/text folder, if you're building Blender yourself.

Link to the cvs version:
http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/blender/release/text/blender.html?rev=1.3&cvsroot=bf-blender

> - Paths:
> Why does it see python 2.3 and 2.4.  no 2.3 on my machine, is this a
> faulty config somewhere ? if so where ?

 From that info it does seem that you have Python 2.3 installed, not 2.4.

It's easy to check, run this:

import sys
print sys.version
print sys.path

in the standalone Python interpreter or simply type this in a shell:

python -c "import sys; print sys.version; print sys.path"

> < To know more, check the API Reference doc (specifically the
> API_related and
> Registry parts) and the documentation for the "Scripts Config Editor"
> script.>
> I have blender_python_API_2.42.tar.gz,

It should be there, the API_related and Blender.Registry pages:

http://www.blender3d.org/documentation/242PythonDoc/API_related-module.html

http://www.blender3d.org/documentation/242PythonDoc/Registry-module.html

> Scripts Config Editor in blender 2.42a  gives an error message, no
> useful information.

It relies on modules not found in your install.

So the first thing is to make sure that you have the same Python version
that is used in the Blender executable that you have. If indeed you do
not have 2.3, then check your system vars, there may be one or more
(PYTHON, PYTHONPATH, etc) pointing to a wrong install.

Lastly, to test your Python installation you can open the standalone
Python interpreter (type python in a shell) and try to import one or
more of those modules that are reported as missing.

--
Willian