[Bf-funboard] snap / align improvements in blender 2.43?

Karl Kühberger kuehberger at gmx.net
Sat Jan 20 18:31:04 CET 2007

Hi Martin,

sorry, I have to ask again. I hope, I don't
steal your time, but I could not find out,
what you have meant:

Am 13.01.2007 um 17:27 schrieb Martin Poirier:

> Hi,
>
> --- Karl Kühberger <kuehberger at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> two very simple examples for what I am looking for:
>>
>> 1. if I extrude a wall or column from the floor and
>> want to move it
>> to the height of the ceiling,
>> imho it should just snap in when I move it near to
>> the ceiling.
>
> That already works. Just snap to one of the vert on
> the ceiling.

How can I snap to a vertex in another object?

>> 2. if I move a furniture to a wall, it should should
>> snap in the same
>> way.
>
> That works too. Set Snap Target Mode to Closest,
> (G)rab your furniture, constraint to the floor plane
> (Shift-Z) and snap to a vertex on the wall.

Where can I find "Snap Target Mode"?
About Shift-Z: I thought, this is the shortcut for toggling
the draw-type.

It would be great, if you could give me some advice or
a link, where I can find the appropriate tutorials.

Thanks a lot,

Karl