[Bf-funboard] adding cad features to blender with python?

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Wed Jan 17 00:36:49 CET 2007

Having used a number of CAd tools, I return to Blender every time, it's a very good piece of
software, easy to transfer mind images to computer.
All one needs is an eye for conformation to get comparitive  objests looking good.

I just has a look at PythonCAD, its interesting, however misses the point of creating objects in a
real life way. Like Autocad and so many other packages, It reminds me of the old drafting days. CAD
packages without exception resort to 2D, pen on paper, which requires certain drafting skills to
produce elevations from.
2D CAD is great for plan elevation and side elevations which as jpegs or png's  form a background
upon which Blender models are formed.
Maybe this is the way to go after all.
Blender literally enforces the natural 3Dness of creation maybe that can be th mind set, start off
with flat world drawings and then Blenderise them to 3D.
Roger