[Bf-funboard] Blender Architecture - Extruding a wall / window plane

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Tue Jan 16 06:48:18 CET 2007

Instead of difference (subtracting) a cube from a cube to create a room, I use planes to outline
walls of building constructions, then extrude the edges to the required height.

Can we have an architectural method of setting a plane's y or x dimension to a specified fixed wall
thickness (in the numeric panel) while  edge dragging to  required wall length.
This way we could lay out a construction plan in full over an existing blueprint and simply extrude
all the wall planes simultaneously to the same  height.

We could fix planes as windows to commercially available dimensions and create frame extrusions
around the plane's edges.
Most of this is somewhat available already but not easily accessed.
The previously discussed snap would permit snapping a window to a frame to a wall hole. Same with
doors and any other feature.

Curiosity.
Why does <difference> <delete> not operate correctly sometimes in the same wall, I don't believe its
a bug. It seems to have something to do with the result of cube differencing.

Roger