[Bf-funboard] snap / align improvements in blender 2.43?

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat Jan 13 19:53:48 CET 2007

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007, [ISO-8859-1] Karl Kühberger wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> it's a pitty indeed, nobody cares about this!
> If it took only one hour to code it in DTPBlender,
> which I never have tried, it should not be too difficult
> in 3D, from my non-professional point-of-view.

Well. Maybe my approach was not very clean code-wise, but hey, it does snap
:) And I don't know crap about the transform code, so I was poking mostly in
the dark...

However, already very simple boundbox-to-boundbox snapping in object mode
would greatly benefit transform and would already solve most situations that
you have been mentioning (given that the room's walls lie at the borders of
its boundbox :)

That should be really piece of cake to code, esp. for Martin who wrote the
transform code in the first place.. but I bet he already has plans ;-)