[Bf-funboard] snap / align improvements in blender 2.43?

Chris Burt desoto at exenex.com
Sat Jan 13 19:15:13 CET 2007

The behavior of these functions still needs work though... For example I
find it quite detrimental that its not possible to use the vertices of
meshes which aren't in edit mode for snapping. This means while modeling
the example the individual who started this thread described, you'd need
to be working with a single mesh object, which isn't necessarily
optimal, desired, or logical. Admittedly its not difficult to
combine/separate meshes in Blender, but it would be fantastic if the
vertices of meshes that are not in object mode were accessible for snapping.

Regards,
--Chris