[Bf-funboard] snap / align improvements in blender 2.43?

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sat Jan 13 17:17:12 CET 2007

On Sat, Jan 13, 2007 at 05:06:37PM +0100, Karl Kühberger wrote:

> two very simple examples for what I am looking for:
>
> 1. if I extrude a wall or column from the floor and want to move it
> to the height of the ceiling,
> imho it should just snap in when I move it near to the ceiling.
>
> 2. if I move a furniture to a wall, it should should snap in the same
> way.

How would Blender know what is a ceiling or a wall?
Think about how this translates to organic/character modeling ...
not at all. Obviously it could only be an option, yet another
thing to toggle. Surely you already filed a feature request, eh?

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Creature Illustrations:
http://www.printfection.com/thorwil