[Bf-funboard] snap / align improvements in blender 2.43?

Karl Kühberger kuehberger at gmx.net
Sat Jan 13 17:06:37 CET 2007

hi!

I just have downloaded the 2.43 beta version of blender
and was quite disappointed about the still very primitive snap/align
features
of blender.

two very simple examples for what I am looking for:

1. if I extrude a wall or column from the floor and want to move it
to the height of the ceiling,
imho it should just snap in when I move it near to the ceiling.

2. if I move a furniture to a wall, it should should snap in the same
way.

I am really glad about all the new stuff in blender 2.43, but blender
really lacks
some very basic features to model easy, fast and intuitive.
For me it seems to be much more easier to code this snap/align
feature than
all the complicated stuff like sculpt, fluid, softbody, ... or am I
wrong?

karl