[Bf-funboard] New Icon Set

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Sat Feb 10 03:51:07 CET 2007

As far as I'm concerned, what will happen is that we will move to a
new default icon theme, which is the officially supported one that
gets built as part of Blender. We can also distribute an optional old-
school set as well for people who don't like to change, but it would
be the responsibility of the people that use it to keep it up to date
and submit new versions.

And yes, rather than coders just quietly adding mediocre icons, it
would be great if there was more noise made (mailing lists,
blenderartists.org) when new icons are needed, so that artists can
get involved and make nice ones, rather than the current situation
where people just reuse the stupid 'dot' icon for everything and
don't say a word.

cheers

Matt

Matt Ebb . matt at mke3.net . http://mke3.net