[Bf-funboard] Default Camera Orientation

Doug Ollivier doug at mudpuddle.co.nz
Sun Dec 9 00:14:10 CET 2007

Martin Poirier wrote:
> --- Doug Ollivier <doug at mudpuddle.co.nz> wrote:
>

>> Sounds fair to me.  so this is what happens.
>>
>> 1) You add an object, it is aligned with the 3DGrid
>> 2) You click Align with view icon (in the 3D header
>> of object mode)
>>

> The 3D header isn't really used for One Shot actions
> buttons like that, more for 3d view options.
>
> I'd put it in the Object -> Transform menu (both the
> toolbox and header menu).

Perhaps 3Dview header is not the right place for it. but do people use
menus?

The location of the button should be in line with the users "workflow"
not in a location that needs to be remembered.  Wherever it is located
it should be "just there when I need it".

I think its a great idea to have a single button for the aligning
process, but at the same time I think obscuring it in a menu that
already has 23, then 14 other options might make it less useful than
intended.

But perhaps I am just opening a bigger can of worms to do with the
layout and structure of things than I should be. So feel free to ignore
this until the 2.5 refactor.

Doug