[Bf-funboard] unsing lib for two branches of Blender?

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 12:43:09 CEST 2007

--- Carsten Wartmann <cw at blenderbuch.de> wrote:

> Martin Poirier schrieb:
> >
> > Here, I just checked out lib once and created
> symlinks
> > for the branches. So, mileage may vary depending
> on
> > the OS you're using.
>
> That was my first idea... However, at the moment I
> am locked behind
> windows ;-)

What you could do (and that would probably work on all
OS too) is check out the blender is checkout each
branch's folder next to one another and have lib sit
next to them like this:

/...../ndof
/...../bmesh
/...../2-44-stable
/...../lib

The problem with that is you'll need to change the
install path for each branch, otherwise they'll all
fight for the same /...../install folder. Same for the
build path.

That'd be in user-config.py if you're using scons and
some other place for the other build systems (someone
else will have to answer that).

For scons, this is what you need to change:

BF_BUILDDIR = '../build/linux2'
BF_INSTALLDIR='../install/linux2'

Martin