[Bf-funboard] Recover last session, open recent, and open

Doug Ollivier doug at mudpuddle.co.nz
Sat Apr 21 07:51:22 CEST 2007

Hi guys, just wanting to discuss the behaviour of all sorts of file
"opening" options in blender.

1) Recover last session.
2) New File
3) Open File

There may be more but these are the ones off the top of my head.

Of these three the only one which offers a "are you sure" dialogue is
the "new file" one. However the other two both have the same effect of
wiping the existing file.  This means a slip of the mouse will result in
all work being lost (open recent and open are less likely since they are
in sub menus, whereas recover last is right next to save.)

I had a laggy interface. The Girlfriend said "save the file"  so ok.
lets save it. blender drops out on the "recover last"  nice all my work
is now gone.  and since the quit.blend file only exists on a quit (not
on a wipe) that is not an option.

Could we please implement an undo which will undo across a save.  The
undo key offered no help to me since it was conveniently a different file.

This isn't a complaint BTW, I understand the risks of using blender and
know the work that goes into it, I'm Just offereing an idea (based on
experience) for a bit of consistency and reduction of headaches across
all these potentially dangerous file loading areas of blender.

Cheers guys. Keep up the awesome work.

Doug Ollivier