[Bf-funboard] UI translation issues

Κωστής Καρβουνιάρης neogen556 at yahoo.gr
Tue Apr 10 15:08:42 CEST 2007

Hi!
  I' ve been working on a greek UI translation for some time now. I worked with PoEdit after grabbing a fairly big .po file from the CVS tree, one that would have as many strings available as possible, since I aim at a complete translation. However, I see that certain "value fields", with a string and a variable value cannot be changed. Such cases are mostly in the "Render buttons" (F10), for example XParts and YParts (Render tab), Sta and End (Anim tab), SizeX and SizeY (Format tab), and so on. I noticed that none of the available translations have any effect on these buttons either.
  I know that, since no .po file is complete (or so I think, please inform me otherwise), that strings can be added to a .po file, along with the translation, in the right format for such a file, and Blender will recognise it and use the translation as with any other string, something I' ve used more than once already, successfully. However, in the above cases nothing seems to work. The proper format for a .po file is

msgid "-original-"
msgstr "-translation-"

So I tried to add, e.g
XParts
XParts:
XParts:%t
XParts:%s

at the original string but none of these worked. This leads me to one conclusion only, that the interface string for these buttons is not taken from the compliled mo during startup, like any other string, but it is coded in and cannot be changed this way, or in any way apparent to me. Is this the case or am I missing something? If it is, would it be possible that such a matter would be taken into consideration since we are already talking about a rewrite ( if I understood correctly) of the Blender interface system for v2.50?

 Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!