[Bf-funboard] Add Mesh - Continued...

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Fri Apr 6 20:23:43 CEST 2007

Kent Mein wrote:

>> Matt Ebb wrote:
>
> Just to add to Matt's comments, I'm all for this.
> I'd say letting the users decide if its in their interest to add a primitive
> or not is a good thing, and it can't hurt blender.  Who knows everyone might
> one day say man seems like everyone I talk to has a primitive with one vert
> in it, lets make that a new base object.  While I do think that library stuff
> needs work, I don't see this as a bad thing, sure people will abuse it if they
> can, but I still think it would be a useful feature.  And if people start
> complaining maybe someone will take the time to improve the library features.
>
> Kent

Ton and others are worried the Add->Mesh  menu will...
* fill up with too many menu items and become awkward to use.
* Have buggy python scripts that people will think are a part of blender
and complain about.

Iv assured them this introduction wont spoil the user experience, though
we cant do much about what users add/install from the web.

If we make it easy for users to add their own.
Users may complain the menu dosnt work when full of way too many objects.
- Result - AddMesh slot oi removed or made a submenu.

Basically Iv promised this feature wont become a liability so I want to
must make sure users wont go and break their new toy ;)

Anyhow, its a good excuse to add in some library access functionality
into Blender.