[Bf-funboard] Add Mesh - Continued...

Michael Crawford psyborgue at mac.com
Thu Apr 5 08:30:28 CEST 2007

On Apr 5, 2007, at 2:04 AM, Matt Ebb wrote:

> On 4/5/07, Michael Crawford <psyborgue at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> it depends on the level and definition of "user".  I'm a user.  Any
>> user/artist who gets to a certain level eventually must progress to
>> programming in order to advance in capability.
>
> Yeah, all those lowly artists need to ascend to the higher godly level
> of arrogant programmer before they can improve their abilities in
> producing art. Good one.

I get your point, and your insinuation (which i will not comment on
only to say, i'm confident in my abilities), but It's not actually my
idea.  That statement is from a professor of computer graphics at MIT
(i think, but i'm too lazy to google it).  It doesn't mean it's
right, but you have to admit, most studios have developers around to
create features not present in the application.  If a person works
alone, one must be a programmer to have the same degree of potential
(and this is debatable...  artists are creative and fool a lot of
people with "tricks", but there is a limit to that.  That's all i'm
saying)