[Bf-funboard] Some skinning feature ideas

Michael Crawford psyborgue at mac.com
Thu Apr 5 08:25:14 CEST 2007

On Apr 5, 2007, at 1:58 AM, Benjamin Tolputt wrote:

> Michael Crawford wrote:
> Yup. Although the analogy breaks down somewhat - I get the point.
> Although the counter-argument is just how many people use "vim"
> compared to "notepad". Blender isn't just meant for the "elite", as
> everyone of the elite was once a "newbie" that had no clue. So long
> we aren't removing functionality/flexibility from Blender ("vim"),
> what's wrong with having the easy to understand functions of Maya/
> XSI/Project Messiah ("notepad") in addition?

Nothing whatsoever.  When you initially suggested the normalization
change, i just thought it was a replacement not a addition.  My
misunderstanding my bad.

As for ease of use..  Take wings for example.  When I started using
wings, i had no clue the advanced options even existed.  When I
explored the program more, and enabled them... wow.  There is so much
more you can do.  How do people feel about having "beginner,
intermediate, advanced" modes for certain tools?