[Bf-funboard] Re: Some skinning feature ideas

Michael Crawford psyborgue at mac.com
Thu Apr 5 08:17:24 CEST 2007

On Apr 5, 2007, at 2:00 AM, Tony Mullen wrote:

>> K.  suppose you take what would normally be the "normalized" view,
>> represented as black an white, and multiply that with the color.  Now
>> you get what I mean?  This way you display normalized, and non-
>> normalized values at once.  then you actually *can* change the
>> default view.  for this to work though, lighting should probably be
>> removed from weight paint mode and wire made default.
>
> Dude, this is nuts.
>
> If you're not joking, then we obviously have very, very different
> ideas of what the word "intuitive" means.

I totally aggree it's not intuitive.  But if others like it... who
knows.  Hey.. if it was up to me, weight painting would use RGB to
individually influence weight per XYZ direction (signed, with 128 of
each channel representing the zero point), enabling better shoulder
deformation for example without using shape keys and drivers...  One
would start off painting with gray and move away into all sorts of
wonderful, but admittedly difficult to initially decipher, colors.
It might be hell to get used to...  but again.  I'm a vim type
person.  Can't there be a "crazy/eccentric/advanced" mode for people
like me?  There is a greater potential for usefulness if a person
could get used to such a mode (which would take time and practice)...
but here i am now asking for an optional mode...  oops.