[Bf-funboard] Re: Re: Some skinning feature ideas

Michael Crawford psyborgue at mac.com
Thu Apr 5 08:02:00 CEST 2007

On Apr 4, 2007, at 8:43 AM, Claudio malefico Andaur wrote:

> Well, currently if you have other modifiers than an armature (let's
> say a lattice), there are times that you need to set a 0.001 value
> for the global armature, for just the mesh not to be left behind,
> if you set it to zero, then no matter how high the weight is for
> the lattice, it will be left behind.

That's an intersting way of solving that problem.  I just vertex
parented the lattice static points on the mesh:

example:  http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/.Public/fatty.blend.zip

did that when testing soft body self colission for Bjorn
sorry for the 2 mb file, but you'll thank me for not having to run
the simulation.
no i never bothered finishing the thing... but the flabby boobs
demonstrate what I was saying about the lattices.