[Bf-funboard] Zooming to mouse position

Knittl knittl89 at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 4 09:49:20 CEST 2007

On 4/4/07, doug <doug at mudpuddle.co.nz> wrote:

> Matt nailed this one on the head, I was going to ask a similar question
> (just not as tactfully :P).
>
> Personally my feeling is that it is likely to be something you will choose
> and stick to (like right/left mouse select.... which there is not a modifier
> for).

You're absolutely right. It's just a "used-to-be"-thing.

On 4/4/07, Martin Poirier <theeth at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Knittl <knittl89 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> >  view angel doesn't change, with zooming and
> > panning, right? but location
> > does, that's true.
>
> With perspective, the view vector would have to change
> to  keep the cursor in place.

Ok, I see. Perspective view is always a bit tricky, and not having the same
functionality in both of these modes is also a bad thing. I think of the
shift-b (is it shift-b? currently no blender on this machine) shortcut to
draw a zoom area, which doesn't work in perspective view either, though it's
not as easy to access as the mouse wheel (extra key strokes etc.)
Anyway, I guess, it's possible in Pro/E in both modes (perspective and
orthgonal)

I've discussed this at length in a patch that proposed
> this (but didn't work in perspective), I can probably
> find that thread again by digging a bit.

please do so!

--
damn ass mega nerd, knittl
-- myftphp.sf.net