[Bf-funboard] Zooming to mouse position

doug doug at mudpuddle.co.nz
Wed Apr 4 03:58:50 CEST 2007

  Matt nailed this one on the head, I was going to ask a similar question
(just not as tactfully :P).

Personally my feeling is that it is likely to be something you will choose
and stick to (like right/left mouse select.... which there is not a
modifier for).

Ctrl+Shift is a simple shortcut, however the question is then "Why".
1)Why have a shortcut at all?  Is it really necisary?
2)Is there enough benifit in flicking between both centers, to justify a
cut in intuitivness
3)Is it so important, that the Ctrl+Shift need be 'taken' by this feature
rather than being left for the future. (or is there a race to use them up
which i don't know about)

Classic Pros-vs-Cons stuff here.

My personal feeling is a User pref next to mouse select and rotation
methods. (its a very similar situation to those two IMO)

Doug

  I guess the question is, would this be something that you'd want to be
  able to switch between frequently, or would it be more like a
  preference that you'd become accustomed to and stick to? If it's the
  latter, it would be better to have a preference setting rather than
  making things more complicated with all sorts of different
  combinations and permutations of modifier keys.

man/listinfo/bf-funboard