[Bf-funboard] Zooming to mouse position

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefactory.org
Tue Apr 3 23:32:40 CEST 2007

This is either good candidate for a user pref or (better) different
interface/mode- I'd suggest using modifier+ mousewheel, but they're all
taken (not you Doug). Perhaps if we use the "cursor" transform center,
this could be made to apply to the view transforms too? (might be
annoying too)

There  are good arguments for both behaviors- for instance, sometimes a
user doesn't care where the 3D cursor is- they really just want to zoom
in, not zoom and pan; having to place the 3d cursor would be an annoying
extra step. Add that to the fact that sometimes the view location/angle
is "useful information" that you don't want to loose.

The argument *for* the proposed change is a good one too, I just don't
see this as an exclusive win. If we're only going to do one and not the
other, keeping the current behavior is better IMO as it is most
natural/least surprising.