[Bf-funboard] Zooming to mouse position

Knittl knittl89 at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 3 14:05:48 CEST 2007

Hello all!

I wanted to ask for your opinion on the following idea:

What about making the mouse wheel (or zoom routine in general) rather zoom
to the mouse cursor position, and not to the center of 3d-view?

So to say panning and zooming combined. I think this will improve workflow,
because you don't have to keep shift pressed all the time for panning view,
just zoom in and out using the mouse wheel. (kinda mouse gesture, without
using keyboard)

Although I'm no good programmer I think it wouldn't be too hard to write.
Just calculate the distance between the mouse cursor and the center of 3d
view (area), and pan the view by that value. Same with zooming out, only
working the other direction.

Feedback is appreciated

cheers, knittl

--