[Bf-funboard] Some skinning feature ideas

Jason van Gumster flaw at misaligned.net
Tue Apr 3 08:02:40 CEST 2007

Benjamin Tolputt <bjt at pmp.com.au> wrote:

> On the other hand though, what I am proposing would not have it stop
> at "green" (~0.4 influence weight), but actually go all the way to
> red (1.0 influence weight) with the other influences on that vertex
> falling to blue (0.0 influence weight).
>
> If this is your main problem with the suggestion, I don't think we
> are in disagreement :)

I see what you're saying now... though I can see myself working in a
flow like this and inadvertently painting, re-painting, and
mis-painting the same few verts over and over again.  The advantage of
the current system is that you know exactly what you're painting and
you don't have to worry about what you're "un-painting" in the
process.

The problem I see with what you suggest is that there's no way to
really see what changes you're making to the weights of a vertex to
other bones while you paint for one particular bone.  That being the
case, I'd rather have visual feedback matching (and therefore limited
to) exactly what is known, no more and no less.

  -Fweeb