[Bf-funboard] Some skinning feature ideas

Benjamin Tolputt bjt at pmp.com.au
Tue Apr 3 07:43:01 CEST 2007

Jason van Gumster wrote:
> Perhaps, but there's a counter-argument to this.  When painting bones,
> I expect consistent behavior.  If I have my brush set to 1 and I paint
> on some verts, I expect that the color will go all the way to red.  If
> it stops at yellow or at green, I tend to think that there's an error
> or I'm just not hitting that vertex enough.
I can understand that point of view, which is why I am partial to the
idea of having two toggle buttons, one for controlling "normalized
display" and another for controlling "normalized paint".

On the other hand though, what I am proposing would not have it stop at
"green" (~0.4 influence weight), but actually go all the way to red (1.0
influence weight) with the other influences on that vertex falling to
blue (0.0 influence weight).

If this is your main problem with the suggestion, I don't think we are
in disagreement :)

Regards,
B.J.Tolputt