[Bf-funboard] removal of "add>mesh>Tube"

Michael Crawford psyborgue at mac.com
Mon Apr 2 03:13:08 CEST 2007

I really hate the removal of the "tube" option under "add>mesh".  I
use "add>Tube" a lot.  When I model a charachter I often use 8 sided
tubes for arms, legs, the neck, and pretty much any other extremity
(later stiching them together).  This forces me to keep the mesh
efficient.  It also lets me lay out UV's easily (while I model, in
sections).  Although I understand the reasoning behind adding a "cap
ends" option to the cylinder, it's a few more steps that I would
rather avoid given the frequency of my use of "tube" in my workflow.
Can we not have both?