[Bf-funboard] Layer names, Menus and Dialogs

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Fri Oct 27 02:46:16 CEST 2006

<snip>
  From an interface consistency standpoint, I would think you'd put a layer naming panel in a new
Scene buttons subcontext, as layer information is per-scene. The panel would have individual slots
for all layers visible at once. that way, if you wanted, you could make a little buttons window off
to the side of your workspace and always have the layer names up in their panel for reference if you
wanted.

This whole thing would be relatively easy to code. If fact, if someone can mock this up and get
agreement, then get Ton to give it a thumbs up, I'll code it.
</snip>

Could we link each letter of the keyboard to a dialog menu of the commands starting with that letter
-- unlimited  keyboard shortcuts.

Replace the big layer buttons with smaller lights and more of them, say 50-100 layers  and have them
show active and inactive layers by a color change.
On mouse over reveals layer names.
I started mock up work on menus and dialogs but have no idea how to code.
Where can I post an jpeg or png  or  the Qt  .pro's and ui's (if that would help)-- of  proposed
layer panel/dialogs.
Roger