[Bf-funboard] Bcon2006 session: What i wish to have in Blender - screens

Janek Kozicki janek_listy at wp.pl
Wed Oct 25 17:16:57 CEST 2006

Roland Hess said:     (by the date of Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:29:33 -0400)

> I think the general consensus among the lead interface people has
> been that color is used for wireframes and selection outline to give
> very relevant information (active,grouped,linked), and that applying
> a layer- or group-based color scheme would really mess with that.
> Personally, I agree with that.

Why not use line styles to indicate information (active, grouped,
linked) and allow layers to have colors?

Imagine - every layer can have ANY rgb color you want. And for example:

- active - linestyle dashed
- group - linestyle dot-dash
- linked - linestyle dot-dot

This can be of course turned off in the blender options. So people who
don't like that, will be able to turn it off.