[Bf-funboard] Blender Basic Version

Peter Haehnlein hidarikiki at gmx.net
Thu Nov 30 21:17:29 CET 2006

Karl Kühberger schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> I am teaching Blender to youngsters for some years now,
> and often they complain about the complexity of the software.
>
> Therefore I want to suggest an idea for discussion:
>
> What about a Blender Basic Version, which has only basic
> functionality in modelling and animation and which is very
> easy to overview. For example there could be in materials-menu
> only a simple color picker, specularity, reflection, ...
>
>  From my non-expert (I am not a coder) point-of-view I could
> imagine two ways:
>
> 1. Two Blender versions: "Blender Basic" und "Blender Pro"
>
> 2. Only one version with full functionality but the option to
> switch the user interface between "Basic-Mode" and "Professional Mode".
> There could be a switch button in the i-menu.
> Additionally (for blender-newbies) after starting Blender, there could
> be a simple window, where you can choose between "Pro" and "Basic"
> and a checkbox "Don't ask me again".
> On this window there could be also a link to a Basic Videotutorial.
>
> What do you think about the idea?
>
> Karl

The html application firstpage used that approach begginner, pro,
hardcore or something like that. It just confused me.

Blender can be easily simplyfied. remove the buttons window, remove the
Infowindow and then teach the basics, mention the hidden traps (like
mouse gestures, holding a button too long) gand go from there. nothing
that a goo introductiontutorial cant master

Haunt_House