[Bf-funboard] Blender Basic Version

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Wed Nov 22 23:33:30 CET 2006

> Many of them are overwhelmed by the huge amount of buttons, sliders  and
> so on.

The trick I found is to first get people acusstomed to the menus from the space bar
Get them used to inserting shapes where they want.

Next

Show how to select and manipulate vertices.
Show how to change from vertice, to edge to face select in Objecy mode.
Show how to select filled or line with the z key.

Show G,E and B keys and their uses.

Next show them the 3 controls at the bottom Shading Object and Editing
work thru each one very briefly.

  Shading, Add New, RGB colors

then the Materials, Add New. The other thing to show here is how to use a material not in the
Blender list.
Basically don't bother with the other selections, menus and stuff until they ask questions.

Next show them Emit and Tansparency in the shaders selector.

They will want to rotate the rendered image and will get frustrated at not being able to do so. So
forget lighting until they get a good object to render,

Using these steps its not difficult to grasp Blender and promotes enough courage to explore the
other menus.

One last thing, show them how to save.  and select a .blend sketch I find it awkward that <ctrl S>
sometimes doesnt save the existing drawing to the existing drawing name but defaults to Untitled.blend

I find they get rapid with the above then get frustrated with more complex things.
regards
Roger