[Bf-funboard] Re: Bf-funboard Digest, Vol 27, Issue 5

Alex Fraser spam at phatcore.com
Thu Nov 9 13:49:47 CET 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 12:00 +0100,
bf-funboard-request at projects.blender.org wrote:
> From: Douglas Bischoff <bischofftep at mac.com>
> What I'd like to request is a modifier key to "V" which would Rip as
> it does now... but would "extrude" or "fill" the gap created FOR you.
> http://www.ceridwenproductions.com/Files/RipNFill.jpg
>
> If there's a better way, please let me know!

I usually subdivide the edges, then join the quads at the end as I need
to:
http://phatcore.com/tmp/SplitMesh.png

I'd like the knife tool to be able to snap to vertices as well as edge
midpoints. Then you could draw just one line to cut it! Maybe there's a
way to do this already. I think I remember seeing it somewhere. Perhaps
in Blender CVS?

Cheers,
Alex