[Bf-funboard] Re: Reset Rotation ( ALT and R ), the most used keys in Blender

Juho Vepsäläinen bebraw at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 18:07:07 CEST 2006

Hi

I never use alt-r. I didn't get used to it when I began to learn Blender. It
did feel odd at first to go to view in which to add an object but now it's
natural.

I tried the new group feature in 2.42rc3 and at first I was surprised by how
the newly added group was oriented. Of course it was the same way as any
other object. In this case and in case of Object Mode, I would prefer if
Objects were added without rotation automatically.

In the Edit Mode I would find this a nuisance since it's really intuitive
for me to extend my mesh by adding new primitives to it the way it is now.
This is particularly important in speed modeling contests. ;)

The way of working is naturally different in the Object and Edit mode. Hence
I would be really happy if new user preferences were added to alter their
behaviour when adding an object.

Yours
BeBraw