[Bf-funboard] Re: Reset Rotation ( ALT and R ), the most used keys in Blender

hovergo at net-tech.com.au hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Thu Jul 6 11:46:17 CEST 2006

Interesting.
I have never had cause to use alt R - I got into the habit of orienting
a view then adding the object, then R to rotate it accordingly. learned
that trick with adding camera and lights.
Went and did some experimenting this morning, still don't know what the
problem is regarding object orientation. key R and key G are my speedy
little friends just grab and rotate as needed.
<snip>
When a user clicks Add->Mesh->Cube, the task at hand is to add a  cube.
That's what they are telling Blender to do. But then Blender  goes off
and does some other thing that's unrelated
</snip>

I get (a cube),  any object I want,  pretty much exactly where and how I
want it placed, never had a problem ,  What am I missing ?.

Seldom use 3 views simultaneously, rather, I use NUM 7, 1 & 3  very very
often.

Objects could be placed 'unselected' as in Bryce, instead of in edit or
object mode then several non parented objects could be placed and oriented.
The pink outline in object mode could be narrower, its rather glunky.
Maybe the edit nodes could be invisible and the wires change colour as
the mouse moves over them -  easier to grab wire frame intersections or
the wires.
Re Maya - Seems to me that its a case of reprogramming the learner-
-Blender seems to have a natural way of doing things once one gets used
to it. Having said that my daughters prefer Bryce because of the pretty
icons, they dont understand Blender.

Off subject, Sometimes though I would love to switch off the grid.
I'd love to have objects of differrent line colours but thats another
subject, sorribouthat.
Roger