[Bf-funboard] Updated feature Proposal: A light panel (like camera has)

alex alex at schnittenparadies.de
Mon Jan 30 23:20:09 CET 2006

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Bart wrote:

> A light panel (like camera has)
> http://www.neeneenee.de/blender/features/#33
>
> Sometimes it would be fine to have a visual hint about the distance of the
> lights (and not only for spots), some times all the these dotted lines are
> boring and in the next moment you'd like know which light is which one.
> So it would be fine to have a panel for lights like for cameras to display
> the limits (distance), size or name of a light.
>
> http://www.neeneenee.de/blender/features/images/light01.gif

You can already display the name of a light by turning on "Name" in the
object buttons.

To display the half-energy distance for any lamp, you can temporarily turn
on the "Sphere" option. I agree though that it would be nice to have this
drawtype for non-Sphere lamps, too.

It's true that the drawsize of a lamp is not currently changeable...

Is this really necessary?

alex at schnittenparadies.de