[Bf-funboard] What I would wish for...

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Sun Jan 22 00:19:32 CET 2006

First of all, your not going to get 1.0 == 1ft. America is the only
country that still uses imperial and its an in-efficient system, not
even the American army use it.
1.0 as 1 metre is probably better. however it could be 1cm or 1km
depending on the scale your working.

The solution to your problem is alredy part solved though not commited-
let me explain.
A while back theeth added Python evaluation support for all blender
number input buttons. it even imported math.
so you could do sqrt(9) as your input. - (Theeth, correct me if Im
wrong) But he didnt commit because it would be better to have blender
remember the python input and be able to re-evaluate later (much more
powerfull).... however- it would be possible to have functions ft(x),
inch(x), or even km(x), m(), cm().
WHen you use metric, its not realy a problem anyway- if 1.0 is a metre
then its no big deal to work out the rest...

- Cam