[Bf-funboard] What I would wish for...

Lars Hansson lars_hansson at home.se
Sun Jan 8 19:37:27 CET 2006

alex skrev:

> On Sun, 8 Jan 2006, Lars Hansson wrote:
>
>> I would like to have more precise ways to determine the viewport in
>> blender.
>>
>> Align (center, and facing) the viewport to...
>> * ...any norm vector of any object.
>

> - SHIFT-V

This works great as long as it's not vertex normals we are dealing with.
These should also
be included for viewport alignment, i think. Perhaps making the normals
selectable as well
as faces. The relative angle the object would have on screen is
important to figure out then,
of course, when selecting vertex normals.

>> * ...plane-specific parameters in equation: ax + by + cz + d = 0.
>

> - No idea what that means

Any plane in space has the equation: ax + by + cz + d = 0. It would be
neat if the
viewport could be determined when changing any of the parameters a, b, c
or d.

>> * ...standard numerical control of Altitude, Pitch and Roll angles.
>

> - Numpad7/1/3, then use numpad arrow keys to change in 15 deg. increments

It works, if you only need this crudeness of selecting the viewport, but
I would like to
have more precision here than that.

>> As a consequence of this...
>>
>> Can it also be possible to extend the (R-Key) rotate command with
>> the ability to rotate in the other two planes perpendicular to the
>> viewport?
>

> Set dropdown to view, then press RXX, RYY, RZZ?

As far as I've seen, it only applies relatively to the objects
orientation and not
of the location of the viewport in the editor. Pressing 'R'-key while in
View
does rotate the object in the plane of the viewport, while the others
(RXX, RYY, RZZ) does not. This is what I would like to be added to the
rotation.