[Bf-funboard] Restrictions in the order of the NURBS Surface

Siddharth Palaniappan siddharth_univ at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 30 07:17:14 CET 2006

<!-- DIV {margin:0px;}-->Hi ,

Thanx for responding.

 There
is a difference between the Endpoint Knots and Bezier Knots.
Recollecting the theory behind B-Spline(same for NURBS), the "EndPoint"
knot vector would have degree+1 knots at the endpoints alrite. But
there would be many knot spans. It must adhere to the equation m = n +
p + 1 where m + 1 is the number of knots, n + 1 is the number of
control points and p is the degree.

But in bezier knot
arrangement, there will be total of 2(p+1) control points. so p+1 and
p+1 knots set to 0 and 1 at the beginning and the end of the knot
vector will leave just one knot span. Its within this knot span the
parameter is always within. All of this is for curves...and extended to
surface aswell.

I am pretty sure there is some bug in the Bezier Knot arrangement.Its a very small bug. But its important.

Also I need the restriction of the order to be 6 to be removed too.

Can anyone let me know whom i should contact or which mailing list i should be mailing too?

The
reason why i am stressing on this is ,i am trying to import and export
bezier and rational surfaces of a particular file format(very much
similar to .off and .obj) that is being used in research in my
university. If these bugs are fixed, then we could use blender more
effectively for our research.

Thank You,

Yours Sincerely,

Siddharth