[Bf-funboard] thoughts for game engine improvements

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Wed Dec 20 17:57:15 CET 2006

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Doug Ollivier wrote:

> 1) Temp directory on windows doesn't work by default. and blender does not
> "warn" that the temp directory will fail.

That is of course a serious flaw and must be corrected, no doubt.

> (and nobody whos new to blender
> knows where the settings can be found)

I've always thought that the way the user preferences are hidden are genious
and Blender deserves a noble prize for obfuscation of one of the most
important areas in an application, yeah. One of the few things about even the
old Blender UI where I actually say: "What were they thinking" :)

> 3) Blender has no "auto recovery" feature at all, so the user is even less
> likely to realise its there.

Eh, it does... File->Recover sessino.