[Bf-funboard] editmode/uv-face mode selection sync propblems

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Tue Dec 19 14:13:50 CET 2006

Id like to have editmode and face-select/uv mode use the same selection,
rather then each having their own selection states.

Switching directly between UV-Face and editmode works ok,
but switching out of editmode, into object mode, then  into uv-face mode
uses the uv-face mode selection.
- which is very annoying if you spent time setting up the selection to
UV map in editmode.

This is especially noticeable now we have UV layers, where each uv layer
has its own active face and selection.

Could we have it that  UV-Face select mode just use the same selection
info state that editmode uses? (rather then in the MTFace flag)

At the moment this is the only way to get your selection from editmode
into face select mode
(if you forgot to enter uv-face mode before entering editmode)

* exit editmode
* enter uv-face mode  (you have a different selection from editmode)
* enter editmode
* press U for undo, the old selection loads back up
* exit editmode

Now you have your selection,

I had to explain this to sombody and realized how much more complex this
is then it shuld be,

The short term solution may be to have the selection state from editmode
copied to the active texface channel when exiting editmode,
even if your not in face-uv mode.

- Cam