[Bf-funboard] Pack/Unpack for moving projects

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat Dec 16 01:05:54 CET 2006

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Campbell Barton wrote:

> Blender being smart about looking for files dosnt solve the problem of
> copying a project from 1 computer to another.
> Because at some point the files need to be copied to some new location, at
> teh moment this not very usable with pack/unpack in its current state.

OK, you mean that you have a project which uses files which are spread over
the entire filesystem, not just a single directory or subdirectories of the
project, right?

Well, in that case, I assume that packing the data, then taking the big
.blend file to another computer, then unpacking it is the logical solution.
However, I didn't know that unpack had such problems with creating usable
filenames. That needs to be fixed then.