[Bf-funboard] Pack/Unpack for moving projects

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Fri Dec 15 07:43:48 CET 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Campbell Barton wrote:

> is pack, unpack meant to be for moving projects between PC's?

> I have written a python script but maybe it should be removed and pack/unpack
> improved.

In my opinion, Blender just needs to be smarter when it can't find an
external file. Other applications that work with external files offer stuff
like:

- Manually select the correct directory for the file
- Automatically search the filesystem for the file
- Use the project's directory for all files
- ...