[Bf-funboard] limitation checks

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Thu Dec 14 16:30:09 CET 2006

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Kai Kostack wrote:

> i do not know much about the blender code, but i think all the limits are
> evaluated always by the same functions, also all the python menu stuff.
> so, how about adding a single button to the user preferences, for
> (temporary) disabling all limitation checks for advanced users? maybe with
> a big warning as tooltip "CAUTION! blender may crash if you are not
> careful!" or something like that. :)

That's actually a very good idea, as I often had the same problem (in
particular, your AO-energy-too-low problem), and very easy to implement.

However, it would be even better that it just be possible to enter an
arbitrary value into a button manually, and otherwise keep the pre-defined
ranges for dragging.