[Bf-funboard] limitation checks

Kai Kostack kaikostack at gmx.net
Thu Dec 14 15:58:18 CET 2006

hi,

sometimes i feel a bit unconfortable with all the numerical limits in blender. as an artist i would really like to disable the limits at times, because they simply hinder me to unfold my creativity. ;)

some of the recent limits i stumbled over:
factor limits in the node editior. the energy limit of ambient occlussion. fluid system particles maximum. any script with to careful chosen limits. and why has the stucci turbulence var that very small rang of 0-200? is there a range needed at all? if you use it to animate something and your scene is longer than a few seconds you just have a problem.

i do not know much about the blender code, but i think all the limits are evaluated always by the same functions, also all the python menu stuff. so, how about adding a single button to the user preferences, for (temporary) disabling all limitation checks for advanced users? maybe with a big warning as tooltip "CAUTION! blender may crash if you are not careful!" or something like that. :)