[Bf-funboard] Scaling Node

Carsten Wartmann carsten.wartmann at imago-viva.de
Thu Dec 14 14:48:16 CET 2006

Hi,

I was doing some Compositing and mentioned that if I like to speed up a
rendering by selecting e.g. 50% for the rendersize, my compositing did
not match because of the different size of the images/animation.

Well so I tried the scale node, which works, however I would propose an
enhancement:

- "Scale to Renderlayer X Size" Mode for Scale-Node

or

- a Node which outputs SizeX/SizeY of an image/render/whatever

The Value-Node would help to feed more than one Scale Node but it is
limited to 0.0-1.0 floats. In my case I needed at least two scale-nodes
because I`d like to scale the matte mask *after* generating it (so using
the full res) and scaling the image itself.

Regards,
Carsten

PS: The feature request Wiki is down

PPS: The autoconnect feature never connects the right sockets for me,
could we make a user pref to switch it off? I even got a totally wrong
wiring which caused me to search for an error quite a few minutes, just
to discover that not *I* did the mistake