[Bf-funboard] thoughts for game engine improvements

Carsten Wartmann carsten.wartmann at imago-viva.de
Wed Dec 13 00:16:54 CET 2006

Roger Pack schrieb:

> 2) It would be nice if Blender "asked" on exit, if you want to save the
> .blend file.

It saves a quit.blend ;-)

> 3) IPO Actuators: would be nice if they had a function like "is this
> actuator currently being played [like in the middle of being run?] and
> 'which frame is this object AT right now."

I second this! I miss this since there is a GE ;-)

> 4) It would be so nice if you could 'create' an object at a specific
> location [like "assign" it an x,y,z on creation].

Hmm. That would be by python? I mean the logic behind the edit-object
Actuator is to create an Object where the Object with the Actuator is.

I can think of one or two workarounds depending on your needs.

> 5) it would be nice to be able to "add" a single vertex when one is in
> edit mode (you can extrude--i just want to ADD a single vertex, then
> link it up appropriately.  maybe this is already possible.

Deselect all and do CTRL-LeftMouse?

Carsten